Welcome to the CNMI Department of Finance
Upcoming Filing Due Dates*:
There are no quarterly or annual filings due within the next 60 days
*Quarterly and annual filings only; within 60 days. All filings are due by 4:30PM on the due date of the respective form.
In the interest in providing the people of the CNMI with accessible and current information, this website allows for easy access to forms, data and programs and provides the latest updates about regulations, policies and Department of Finance news.
The CNMI Department of Finance consists of three divisions:
Tax News &Tips
September, 2014 monthly BGR Form (os-3105) Revison
Form OS-3105 for Tax Year 2014 has been changed effective September, 2014. Tax payers filing form OS-3105 for any month within Tax Year 2014 must use the September, 2014 form.
Taxpayers filing for December, 2013 must use the 2013 form.
PL 18-65 Amnesty Information
The Division of Revenue and Taxation, Department of Finance announces that Governor Eloy S. Inos signed into law a new amnesty program pursuant to Public Law 18-65
Under the amnesty program, taxpayers may request for the waiver of penalty and interest imposed on late-filed returns, under-reported income, and delinquent tax liabilities. A special return and a request for waiver form must be filed to participate in the program.
Unless you are not eligible to participate in the amnesty program, you are encouraged to take advantage of the penalty and interest relief afforded under Public Law 18-65. To avoid the inconvenience of last minute filing you are urged to visit the Division of Revenue and Taxation and file early.
The following are illustrations of some question and answer (Q&A) that can assist you in understanding the amnesty program under Public Law 18-65:
Q1 – Who is not eligible to participate in the program?
A – The tax amnesty program is restricted to people who have not previously "received tax amnesty." A taxpayer who participated in previous tax amnesty programs is considered to have “received amnesty” if a taxpayer applied for and completed all terms associated with the previous tax amnesty. In this case, a taxpayer is not eligible to participate again in this new amnesty program. To know more about eligibility, please visit the Division of Revenue and Taxation.
Q2 – What taxes are covered under the amnesty program?
A – Taxes and fees covered under the program are:
- Withholding Tax
- Wage and Salary and Earnings Tax,
- Business Gross Revenue Tax,
- Room, Bar and Jackpot Taxes,
- Excise Tax*, and
- Income Tax pursuant to the NMTIT
- Business License
* For excise tax, please use the Request For Waiver Of Penalty And Interest Form - Customs for all other tax types, please use the Request For Waiver Of Penalty And Interest Form - Revenue & Taxation.
Q3 - If a taxpayer hasn’t filed a return what are the penalties that can be waived?
A- There are two penalties that apply on unfiled or late-filed returns:
- Penalty for failure to file return. Late-filed return is subject to a penalty of 5 percent per month based on the unpaid tax amount on the return. The maximum penalty is 25 percent. If a return is filed within the amnesty period, the late-filed penalty will be waived.
- cheap bogner bogner ski jackets bogner outlet parajumpers outlet cheap bogner bogner ski jackets cheap bogner bogner coats bogner for sale bogner outlet parajumpers outlet cheap bogner bogner wear bogner outlet cheap bogner bogner outlet cheap parajumpers bogner ski jackets parajumpers outlet bogner ski jacke parajumpers jackets bogner jacke cheap parajumpers bogner ski jackets cheap bogner bogner outlet bogner on sale cheap bogner cheap bogner parajumpers outlet bogner outlet cheap bogner bogner coats parajumpers outlet cheap parajumpers bogner jackets bogner on sale parajumpers outlet bogner outlet cheap bogner bogner outlet bogner outlet bogner outlet parajumpers jackets bogner outlet cheap bogner cheap bogner parajumpers jackets cheap bogner parajumpers outlet bogner outlet bogner ski jackets cheap bogner parajumpers outlet longchamp outlet cheap parajumpers bogner outlet parajumpers jackets bogner outlet cheap bogner cheap bogner bogner jackets bogner jackets bogner sales bogner jackets parajumpers outlet parajumpers outlet parajumpers jackets bogner jacke bogner outlet cheap parajumpers bogner outlet bogner gloves bogner ski wear bogner ski bogner outlet
- Penalty for failure to pay tax. Non-payment of tax is subject to a penalty of ½ of a percent per month based on the unpaid tax amount on the return. If the taxpayer files a return within the amnesty period, the non-payment penalty will be waived. However, the taxpayer will be required to pay the tax or make arrangement for the payment of the tax through installment payment.